Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wow... it's been a week...

a whole week...gone. I'm telling you time flies...I feel like it was just New Years and here we are approaching Easter! Okay, so...a couple of things:

I finally added some of my scrapbook samples, some mini albums, etc. You can find them here. I will be adding some 12 x 12 pages soon. Just haven't been doing alot of that size lately...so most of what I have is realatively "old". I am finishing up the ski trip album and as soon as I do, I will be sure to post that as well!

If any of you read my sisters blog you will know that I have been blasted about having my thyroid checked. (and I say blasted in a good way...I know it's meant with love) Well, just wanted to share this with everyone...since, as Heather pointed out, is a very serious issue. I myself was told when I was 17 years old that I had an enlarged thyroid gland. Being young and thinking to myself..."ya, so...." I did nothing about it at all. While I was pregnant with Nathan my doctor said that I needed to have to it checked, and it was important to monitor it during the pregnancy. I was good for a little while, but then stopped having it checked. For no other reason than simply being tired of going to check ups...tired of getting my blood drawn (passionately HATE needles) and the fact that I felt like they could never give me a clear answer as to whether or not is was in fact HyPER or HyPO! So... now being almost 4 years after having Nathan... I have promised my sister, and myself that I will in fact return to the doctor to monitor my thyroid. I'll keep you posted on that too. In the mean time, here's some great information on it. I don't think many people understand just how many areas of your body and your life this can affect. you can check it out here and here and here. Thanks to Ali Edwards for sharing this wonderful information!

Daylight Savings Time really kicked my ass this year! I usually can't wait until it gets here and love it being light for longer in the day... but the whole pitch dark bedroom in the morning when I'm suppoed to be getting up...NOT a good thing! LOL Seriously, as if I didn't already have a had enough time getting out of bed everyday... having a dark room only makes me want to unplug my alarm clock and sleep until noon! Thank god they can't hold tardiness against you in the 3rd grade... poor Tyler would have been expelled by now! (shame, shame)

So.... okay (I think I need to get a life... but this is simply the coolest thing ever!) I'm saving the best for last! I love Donna Downey! I read her blog usually daily.... my very good friend Sheila and I went to the CK Convention in Charlotte (Aug. 2006) and attended her backstage party. Donna Downey is simply the funniest person I don't know! LOL Well, if you do read her blog... you'll know that she adores Rosie O'Donnell. So.. one day while Tyler was at gym, I decided to run over the Everything But Grannies Panties (antique store) looking for some cool containers... misc. kitchen bowls...whatever. Well, I was in one room of the house and looked up in the closet and there sat 7-8 Rosie O' dolls. I thought to myself... that's odd. And then I thought of Donna... to make a long story short (yeah, working on that... it's a problem for me) I bought it (fabulous $5 find) and after a quick surgery (AA Batteries, to make her talk once again) I mailed it off to Donna. I was anxiously awaiting a post on her blog to see what she would say when she received her Rosie doll by mail. And nothing... waited and waited.. and nothing. Started to think... 1. she didn't get it. 2. She thinks I'm a freak for sending a random doll to someone I don't really know. or 3. she's simply so busy... why would she have time to ramble about her mail!
BUT THEN>>>> My very good friend Sheila called me (doing her silent scream over the phone, b/c she was at work) asking if I had checked out Donna's blog lately. I was like.. yeah, of course... why... what's the deal?? Well... did you check out the "that's black jack baby" video. No... I usually don't watch the videos cause I check out her blog at work and don't want to get "busted" for playing!! So in her silently screaming voice I hear.... "YOU'RE LIZ FROM DURHAM".... "she sooooo talks about you!".
So.... my dear friends... I feel like a mini celebrity!!! You so have to check it out... from my new BF Donna!
This is us: Me, Donna Downey and Sheila at the CK Convention in Charlotte.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok...either we HAVE to try to get some more flattering pictures of me or you're just gonna have to stop posting them. Ugh...I look like the living dead!

But hey....being on DD's blog is just way too cool. I'm fairly certain that makes us HUGE geeks but dude!

Liz said...

Hello.... I'm equally frightening in that pic.. do you not recall that I was so sick that w/e (sorry Donna) that I had green ooze coming out of my eyeballs!!! LOL