I've been meaning to share this recipe with Heather.. and since I cooked it last night I figured I would post it. Jared considers it "homemade" hamburger helper! LOL I actually like it, the chickens will eat it and it's a relatively easy Monday night meal.
Hamburger Pie (I agree it could use a better name!)
1 lb. Hamburger
1 can Tomato Soup
1 can Green Beans (or 2 cups frozen, make sure they are thawed)
1 med. Chopped Onion
4-5 med. Russet Potatoes
1 bag of shredded Cheddar Cheese
Ground the hamburger and saute the onion, adding salt and pepper to taste (I always add some Natures Seasoning too). Add the can of tomato soup and green beans, place in the bottom of casserole dish. Make mashed potatoes (season as you like them, don't forget the butter...yum) and top hamburger mixture. Add cheese to the top of the mashed potatoes. Bake at 350' for 30 mins. Wah-la! LOL
This will fill a round casserole dish nicely and feed a family of 4. I double the recipe to fill a 13 x 9 pan, because it actually makes great leftovers!! Hope you enjoy this glorified hamburger helper recipe...LOL!
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment