Monday, October 20, 2008

What to be for Halloween?

I love Halloween. Normally by this time of year the half dozen totes have been emptied from the attic and my house is transformed with pumpkins, ghosts, bats, black cats, spiders.. witches.. you name it! Our Halloween stash is almost as big as our Xmas stash..

Not sure if it's the fact that since we hosted another Halloween party last year and it took weeks to decorate and then put it all away... or if it just snuck up on me. But there is not an ounce of Halloween anything in my house. I have some fall stuff here and there.. my porch has several pumpkins. Love pumpkins.

But because I'm just not in the Halloween mood this year.. I haven't given one single thought as to what the kids are going to or rather what they would LIKE to be this year! Hum...

Nathan's pretty agreeable. Tyler's nine and super picky. There are no characters that they seem to agree upon in order to "team" dress other than the increasingly loved Fraggle Rock. Nathan got the whole season 2 on DVD for his birthday. (thank you Amy) and it has been watched over and over and over.

So my thought process, let's face it.. times are tough and homemade costumes really are the best! Is to see what it take to convince my kids to be Fraggles.. or better yet, the Talking Madame Trash Heap. I'm thinking a garbage bag and raked up leaves.. kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

I'll certainly let ya know how it goes!

No comments: