Thursday, April 2, 2009

A short story... catching up

Tyler's State meet went well, as for her performances that is.

Can't say the same for her leotard! The day before the meet, I had sent Tyler up to her room to start on her chores.. cleaning up, putting away clean laundry, etc. Her leotard was nicely folded in a basket of clothes to put away, I reminded her to set it out on her dresser for the next day along with her sweatsuit. I left her to do her chores and went downstairs with Nathan... no more than 3 minutes could have passed.. literally... when all of the sudden I hear her screaming and crying. She's running down the stairs holding her leotard!

I think to myself, I'm the one who washed it... and hung it to dry. Then folded it.. and I JUST saw it upstairs, still folded. What in the world could have happened to it since then?

Well, just take a look for yourself...
Oh yes... she decided that it was wrinkled and it needed to be ironed! Okay... so I know your first thought... NO, we don't let Tyler iron clothes! Why she felt compelled to do this on her own, I will NEVER know! She was devastated!! You can't see it, but the one edge has a huge hole in it too!
So... Mom to the rescue... I went straight o JoAnn Fabrics and got the same material and quickly made a fake sleeve to pull over top of it! (This material is SO hard to work with, and I'm using a very old sewing machine.. wasn't about to brave making a whole new REAL sleeve!!)
But it worked.. nobody even knew the difference!! :)
And it didn't affect her skills.. she was the only one from her team to place and brought home 4 more medals! Whoo-hoo!
So, the Baby's room. I've REALLY been into orange and yellow this year. So, the baby's room is orange! Well, Baked Squash to be exact! I love it. Looks good. We will have all white furniture in there which will help tone it down. The bedding is kind of vintage looking, but I love it. It's an old Pottery Barn line called Eliza. Found in on Ebay.. great deal. I'll be excited to piece it all together (still need to get a crib). We're having another bookshelf made like in Tyler's room, and taking her old dresser and putting into the baby's room. We're ordering Tyler a bigger dresser to replace her old one. So all of this should be done in the next 4-5 weeks. Hoping to have the room completely set up before she arrives.. although she'll be sleeping in the bassinet in our room for the first couple of months anyway.
Already have some cutie clothes picked out, already washed and hanging in the closet, waiting.
Need to finish working on my bird mobile. (another thing I'm really into, birds and owls) Found this on-line, decided to do it in all yellows and white. Can't wait to piece the room together.
Want to find a hanging beaded lamp for the room with either white or pale yellow beads. Something girlie.

Took the day off yesterday... Amy came over to hang out with us. Being 7 mths pregnant and not able to really reach my toes, at least comfortably that is! We went to get pedicures!! I haven't had one since Heather's wedding.. it was nice to let someone else do all the work!

We were going to take the kids swimming at the Y... but the changed their policy and you have to have a member bring you in. So.. we picked Nathan up from preschool and took them to go see Monsters VS Aliens! Really cute movie.

Tyler only has one more day of her break before heading back to school! But lucky her.. then she turned around and gets a 4-day weekend for Easter break!!

Okay I'm done..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the baby's room....the colors, the bedding, etc. :o)