I have to say, I was very proud of him, he was scared to death... did not want to take part in it... but when the nurse suggested that he sing his ABC's.. and then promised him that by the time he got to Z she would be done... he was willing to participate! He started off singing at his pace (which was in fast forward) so the nurse had to help him slow it down, we all started singing our ABC's together..He didn't even flinch while getting the shots.. kept on singing! But when it was all over, and he sat up... he turned as white as a ghost! All the color ran from his face and his lips were a smoky shade of grey.. instantly his body felt cold and I knew what was happening, he was about to see stars!! (Being that his mother... yes, me!... is a PRO at fainting, for the oddest of reasons..I saw it coming)
So I laid him down quickly (the nurses were already trying to tackle Tyler and give her 2 shots) and raised his feet above his head. He could hardly muster the words, "Mom, I don't feel good" as his eyes started to roll to the back of his head. Poor guy... you could tell he had no idea what was going on. We had to wait a good 20 min. or so before letting his sit up and make sure he could walk.
When he came home from preschool, he told me that he had to tell all of his friends that while on the playground, his legs weren't able to work like theirs did.. but not to worry, b/c by tomorrow they'd be back to normal! LOLSpeaking of 'seeing stars'... Tyler had another meet last weekend. The judges gave her horrible scores on beam, so she didn't place (even her coaches said it was unfair) But she did score in Bars, Floor and Vault... and still recieved an all-around even though she didn't place in Beam.
WAY TO GO TYLER!









1 comment:
WOW! Tyler looks amazing on that stuff!!! She's definitely going to be an Olympian!
Post a Comment