Friday, January 9, 2009

To the Men in Black


This morning while dropping off my daughter at school (late) I noticed an unmarked police car pulled to the opposite side of the street with his lights on.
Just assumed something was going on at that particular building... and went about my business.

That is until I parked in front of my daughter's school and proceeded to get out to walk her into school.... noticing that the unmarked police car was also unloading children with backpacks.

So I thought to myself (as speaking out loud at the exact same time, very loud mind you)
"NICE use of police lights there... yup, and illegally parked too... super job officer!!"

What I really wanted to say as the gentlemen and his 2 children entered into the school lobby behind me was:

"Everyone, please applaud (as clapping myself) for the city's finest right here in our very presence... Remarkable! Not only did he turn on his police lights to illegally park on the curb but he then proceeded to "jaywalk" with his 2 children across the street to school. Fine display of how to use your authority to your own personal benefit! Love the values that your children are collecting just by a morning walk into the school, 15 minutes late. I know I, myself will rest at night knowing that our city is being protected by double standard officers like yourself!"

So I'm wondering... if I were to install blue flashing lights on my minivan and dress in a Party City police costume complete with plastic badge, would I too be able to speed while not wearing a seat belt, use my lights to fly past the little old ladies that drive 20 miles under the speed limit or perhaps to park in a fire zone at Target just to run in and grab a hot dog! Or even better, like the Sheriff who passed me (simply just to pass me) on a double yellow line in a 35 mile/hour zone doing at least 60 (we both ended up in the same fast food drive through... but he got his burger first!)

I KNEW I shouldn't have quite the force!!!

No comments: