It's always something around the holidays.. Tyler's out of school for 3 weeks, trying to decorate and organize the house (expecting new stuff, must clean out the old)... shopping, cooking, preschool parties, extra work to be done everywhere you turn!
I have to say I have enjoyed some much needed downtime.. snuggling up with the kids to watch countless hours of holiday movies and specials! Staying cozy with fuzzy slippers and hot cocoa. It's been nice. We kept the holidays relatively simple this year, forgoing most of the extensive decorating and such. Had Christmas dinner with Jared's parents, which made it relaxing not having to prepare to feed everyone myself.
Christmas morning the kids woke up at 6AM (ugh) and the bad parents that we are.. we convinced them that Mommy and Daddy needed at least another hour of sleep and they actually managed to keep calm until 7:15... then there was no more denying them the joy of running downstairs to see what Santa had left!
After the presents were tackled and new toys were opened, (and a small cat nap on the couch while the kids enjoyed a new movie) we made a hug brunch. Bacon, sausage, eggs, hashbrowns, toast, pancakes.. YUM!
So that's that.
I've been really good with my December Daily project.. I do have to admit that there were a couple of days that I simply forgot to take a photo, while other days were so typically boring that I had nothing to take a photo of! LOL But I have stuck with it, I only have 3 more pictures to print and wrap up on my journaling and it will be complete! Excited to share the pics with you... I think it turned out well!
I would love to get my hands on the new Project 365, on sale Jan. 1st! Which, I have to say $35 for a whole year long project (this kit even includes the album!) is a GREAT deal. I'm going to be slack and try and win one on some scrappers blogs first! :)
My sister is also doing her own version of Project 365... I think it's a very cool idea not matter what your approach! Huge discipline.. seeing as I had a hard time keeping up with the 25 days of Christmas... but it's a super fun way to document a year of you and your family's life.
Happy New Year to everyone.. we'll probably be laying low.. sticking to the house. Super excited about the playoffs starting up this weekend. Carolina gets to play on the 10th! GO PANTHERS! Really can't wait to see who gets into the Superbowl this year!!! Will for sure have a party for that one!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment