Friday, December 5, 2008

Fa La La La La

That's right.. Christmas has sneaked up on us again! Seriously don't know what happened to the year 2008.. as most years they go by quickly.

Thanksgiving was nice, cooked way too much food and ended up with more leftovers than one could eat. But overall, nice relaxing day.. spent with family and good food.

Trying really hard not to be BAH HUM BUG this year. We went out last night and got our tree from Lowe's. Going home to decorate it tonight and get some holiday lights in the house! It's like pulling my husbands right arm off to get him to agree to get all the totes for Xmas from the attic.. but this weekend it's happening! Wait much longer and you might as well not even bother (which, between you and me.. I think that's his goal! But I'm on to him!)

We won't be having our normal Clark Griswald display of lights this year, last year the icicle lights (just purchased that year) blew in a matter of a few days.. Jared was needless to say NOT HAPPY... went BACK up on the roof to take them all down and return them (after many attempts to repair) So.. we lack the majority of the lights we normally put up, being they weren't replaced last year, we simple can't afford to replace them this year. But we have plenty to put out.
I think that's one of my favorite parts of Christmas (thanks to those lovely timers) When my day is done and you're driving home in the dark I am greeted by dazzling, sparkling lights on my home when I pull in the drive! Warm and fuzzy!

So... what will I be doing this weekend? Having a Cookie Bake at Sheila's and then will probably head over to the local Xmas parade in town with a cup of Hot Cocoa and enjoy the sites. Sunday, I have planned to make Family Face Ornaments! Thanks to The Meanest Mom.. I no longer have to bore myself and children with mindless creations using self-adhesive foam. These little guys are simply adorable.. and affordable! So hoping to have fun whipping those up and it will make the kids happy to have made something to be able to give as gifts!

Still working hard everyday to keep up with my December Daily Album .. really just hoping that I can manage to pull off something worthy of documenting daily for a whole month! I'm really usually not that exciting! You can keep with Ali's daily as she documents hers. That's where this fabulous idea came from. Sorry to disappoint all of you.. but most of great ideas and knock offs! LOL

Hoping everyone is enjoying the start to this season.. ;)

No comments: