Tuesday, September 22, 2009

lately...

now a mother of three, I feel the need to resort to a blog to maintain some sort of human contact with the 'outside' world.

We've all been sick for three weeks running... common cold turned flu, what was thought to be a bout with pneumonia turned out to be the flu/bronchitis... maybe... you know how doctors are. But more importantly hundreds of dollars later... and many trips to the doc/pharmacy (amoxicillin, z-packs, inhalers) and we THINK we're all better. Most important beyond that... Chelsea remained germ free and 100% healthy despite the declining health of those around her.

"Better"... I'm now at home for 3 weeks with 3 kids and no real funds for any outside entertainment. I'm in the midst of planning Nathan's 5 year old Super Hero party. (in which I realized after the fact of course... (and you'll LOVE this Shelia) that I misspelled Super Hero's (should have been Super Heroes) on his invitation!!) Ha... no spelling bee champ here!
That's just where I'm at lately... and surprisingly enough I'm completely OK with it. WHATEVER, right?

Nathan has been a bundle of negative thoughts lately. EVERYTHING is either BORING, UGLY or DISGUSTING! His three favorite words. And now that he's on a "economy vacation" from preschool... and Tyler is on her three week break... I'm desperately trying to find FUN, FREE and FRIENDLY activities to avoid sitting in front of the TV/XBOX for three weeks solid!

So we've managed to muster up every crafty "super hero" thing we could find for his party... and a couple of trips to the B&N story time... library... walking trails... etc. It's the end of day two and I'm clueless on filling up the remaining 19 days!!

Wish me luck.

Will update on my daily adventures and post some pics soon.

In the meantime... if you're surfing the net and need something to do... why not try and win free stuff!? (I'm SO all about FREE right now)
Check it out...

No comments: